Friday, January 2, 2009

To Kill A Mocking Bird Movie and Book

A

To kill a Mockind Bird book is so different to To Kill A Mocking Bird movie because the movie doesn't use some funny and interesting details that I thought would useful to understand the personality of the characters in the movie. The movie version just take the huge main idea of the book: "Racism and belief".

I like the book the most because when we were reading that in class I could feel and understand the traits of the characters better. Someone like Atticus's brother should be in the movie because I think that he has some strong relationship with Scout and Jem. Also, his low self-esteem to be a father one day. Moreover, I think that the role of Alexandra in the book is very important because her role shows that she really doesn't like what Atticus is doing for Tom Robinson, the black man accused of rap a white girl. I think that is a big issue problem for a family which doesn't support each other for what they believe.

Even though the book and movie is a little bit different, the end of this story hurts me deeply. Atticus tried his best to show all the evidences he has. Everyone knew that Tom Robinson didn't do anything, however, all those evidences didn't overcome the big issue of the story: "RACISM".

No comments: