Friday, January 23, 2009

Inaugural Poem Response

"Praise Song for the Day"
By Elizabeth Alexander


I think that Elizabeth Alexander means that thank with all our heart for everyday life that make hope in our heart, and also thank for everyone who helps us to be where we are or who we are today by "Praise Song for the Day". Praise song for struggle, praise song for the day. Praise song for every hand-lettered sign, the figuring-it-out at kitchen tables. Moreover, believe.

This tittle really fit the America of today. The America of hope and change no matter what you are. The America who keeps the attention of people all over the sea. The America who is a good example of transparency. For example, those lines from the poem, Love beyond marital, filial, national, love that casts a widening pool of light, love with no need to pre-empt grievance.

When we were reading this poem, I could feel that nothing is impossible in this world. So helpful to believe in me and thank anyone who could help me be what I want to be. Seeing high over my limits I fix in my life. Believing in "Hope and Change" just like Barack Obama. The stanza which make my hope more stronger for a moment when I was reading is:

"In today’s sharp sparkle, this winter air,
any thing can be made, any sentence begun.
On the brink, on the brim, on the cusp,"

This poem is related a lot about our new President Obama because no one would one day think about this compromise. His ancestors had fought for his right to be strong, to be hopeful. And he follow their step to finish what they started long time ago and believe that anything is possible.






No comments: