Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still I Rise by Maya Angelou

The theme is this poem is never still persevered even though people make your life harsh than ever. Don't look don't, but up and straight no matter what you will find in your way. No matter what people would say and do to do. Don't loose your pride and be determined and perseverance in your life.

This message is very similar to me when I am depressed about something. So a short time I think that I am not good for anything. But after, I really hold myself together and I remind myself that life is easier like doing peanut-butter sandwich. I try to make that experience to do better the next time.


I connect this theme to other poem as Don't Go Gentle Through The Night, Mother to Son, and I, too, Sing America. All those poem is about perseverance, be determined, and don't let anyone puts you down.

No comments: