Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Poetry Response


Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost (1874-1963)


This poem has a tired mood because the man and the horse are tired, but they try to persevere to go until their destination.

This poem has so many poetic devices as the woods are lovely, dark and deep. This sentence uses two poetic devices which are personification and alliteration. The poem is to the form of AABA rhyme poem. Forst repeats the sentence, and miles to go before I sleep, to remember himself that he didn't finish yet and had to do many thing before take a break.

I can infer that the speaker id tired because every time he describes some thing, he describes that like he was tired to see the same thing over and over.
It can be similarly when it is my turn to wash dishes at home. Every time I look at the plates we are eating in, I can keep myself to to count how much there are on the table.

No comments: