Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Color Purple Reader Response Journal #2

Celie is very a strong girl because even though she is the same situation as her sister, she wants to protect her as good as she could. She is more over energy of hope because she writes the dairy by starting by "Dear God". I feel depress for her because she is been rapped by her own father. The first day I read that, it made me so irritated that I could not believe what she was telling. Celie doesn't have a good education, however, she has a intense envy to learn. I almost cry when the woman who wanted to help her and her sister to learn came over her house and just walk away because of her physical appearance. There are a proverb that say, "Don't judge people by their appearance". And that what the woman did without even try to know the girl better. Instead of the educated woman she is, she should not behave like that because she is looking same as someone who never see words in her life.

However, I am ecstatic so Celie because she finally see her girl. And she really likes her even though she is the fruit of a nightmare.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Aurelie,

Your writing is so impressive! You've made some great insights to Celie's character. Your diction also displays the depth and maturity of your writing ability. Keep it up! I miss you and all the other super stars from Ms. Johns' and Mr. Blanchard's classes!

All my best,

Ms. Seto