Friday, October 17, 2008

Reader Reponse Journal #4

"The Pact"
By Drs. Sampson Davis, George Jenkins, and Rameck Hunt
pg 87 - 96


Sam is a very confusing person who knows what is wrong but still doing not because he is afraid of his friends but because he scares about what his friends would think about if he declines the offers to go robbing. I am something like that, I don't want to tell that truth about how I feel to my brothers because they would think that I am a mommy baby Which I am not, so I get to lie sometime to look tough in front of them about my family. However, I know I am making a mistake because they will not worry about me and that what I really need. This book is similar to "Speak", Melinda didn't want to show her feelings to anyone even her parents and days pass and she realized that she could not live anymore better in this situation.

Now I begin to understand the book better. Indeed, the book is about three young boys who live in the same situation and they make a pact (where the tittle of this book comes from) that they would do anything to make their life better in the right way. The names of the authors begin with Drs., this must mean that they overcame the difficult obstacles of their life and became doctors. For me it is making a little sense now, they can count to they family because all their family get it is a little piece of advices, but all three young boys together it would make a sense because they have the same age, the same life, the same experience, and the same way to think. It should be not easy for them to still of their pact but they can take care to each other better than their family because they are almost similar.

I think that this pact should be helpful for young people who live in the same situation like them to get out of trouble in their neighborhood. I predict that Sam would find his way out of his confusion because he has two good and determined friends.

No comments: