Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reader Reponse Journal #3


The Pact
by Drs. sampson Davis, George Jenkins, Rameck Hunt
pg 75-86


Rameck is a smart boy, but who does not the value he has. However, I think the way he behaves is almost normal because when you live in a ghetto, you want to be and look cool which make you doing some mistakes that you will regret one day if you not really think about your life. This is Rameck's case, he and his friends (boys like he says) jumped a man almost dying at a schoolyard. I really don't know why Rameck took off the knife and menaced the man. However, I think that he was trying to have more respect in front his boys. The consequence of his action was three days in juvenile-detention, but he and his boys got lucky that the victim didn't show up to the court three times and the jury threw the case.

I wonder why his boys wanted him to say that he was him who had the knife. They are boys, right? I thought that boys were supposing hold each other hands and go together no matter what. That remember me my sister. When she and I did something together which turned bad later, she is always putting the blame on me when my mom reprimands us. The same thing happen to everyone, someone have to betray you, but you need to look up to see the ball coming so you can kick it back. Like my English teacher always says, "We learn more in our worse experience so we could do better the next time." I think that she is right because Rameck realizes that his boys are not really some kind of friends, but they are trouble makers.

I hope that Rameck will be more friend with Sam and George because they are both in the same situation like him, but they realized that the trouble makers' life they used to be is not a life for them. I predict that Rameck will take in consideration his Grandmother advices more seriously. Why does Rameck's mother continue to take drug if she wants to show a good example for his son?

No comments: