Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reader Reponse Journal #2


Out Of Bounds
By Beverley Naidoo

Pg 16 - 41



Beverley would have in a few days his tenth birthday, but no one really stays in consideration because they have to move because of the apartheid, and they have so much more to care about than his birthday. Beverly and his family or in particularly black people in South Africa are victims of the beginning of apartheid. I know a lot about apartheid that make me really anxious and mad every time I think about it because I find that unacceptable that some people left their land to another people's land and take over their country and moreover their life. I like the way the author writes in their natal language because it shows the black people culture living in South Africa and give a little hope that those pervert white people could not take that away from them.

Beverley's mom is almost like my mom (mother way) because I remember that some time I couldn't play with my friends because I need to stay look over my sister while she was doing some works and it is the case with Beverley. I know what you feel when you did your plans of the day and someone just blows your day. However, Richard, Beverley's uncle, is someone I really admire and appreciate to have in my book because he is perseverance person. He says and fight for something is not favorable for all. The author describes Richard like a very special person because he wants to show the admiration and what good example Richard was for him. Beverley's story is similar story with the slavery except that the white people took over a country that was not for them.

Apartheid remember me about the first essay of the week in my class in the beginning of the school. We studied Nelson Mandela the leader of the anti-apartheid. I think that Richard would have trouble because like Mandela, he wants the equality of race. But something really bother me, if he wants the equality of race, why is he making the difference about mix people and black people? I think that a kind of a little discrimination. We should be equal no matter the skin color.

This book is related to "Anne Frank's Diary" because their both memoir and show how the discrimination affects some people. Why Beverley's mom does not want to do the costumer of cowboy for her son if she does that for whites kids? I don't like that fact that you could do something for the others but not not for your family. She should do one for her son because her son wants one and it makes him very jealous to see her do the costumer for the other kids. I little kind of agree with her because she needs money to take care of the family.

I think that Beverley would join his uncle on his action with his friends because hi life is changed more worse than before because the government says that they get to leave Jonesburg, the city he really loves, for white people and go to a town that only Colored people live there. I find that so unfair because the government should not tell you where you should live. The author starts the book about the story of Veronica, a little white girl. I think that he tries to show the life of the apartheid in both races because it is not all white people who like apartheid. Maybe he wants to show the fight of some white people who help them during that nasty period.


No comments: